LENZO REUSABLE HYGIENIC MASKS GUIDE•
Posted on Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 7:5
We thought that a guide on our reusable hygienic masks would be a good idea, a page that clarifies all the doubts you may have because there are a barrage of online sales offers and you have to be careful because not everything goes and don't forget our COVID19 phrase: if you hide your smile, let it be because you really protect yourself.
In this post we are going to explain the differences between the 3 products that we have available related to #COVID19 in addition to answering some general questions that many of you have asked us about masks. All the data collected here on the day of publication of this post, may be subject to variations in subsequent days, due to the changes that are taking place from the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism.
Let's start by stating that our reusable hygienic mask is neither a PPE mask nor a medical device. SI complies with the requirements established in the UNE 0065 technical specifications published in April 2020 and also with the recommendations of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism in the context of COVID19. and are designed for healthy people. They have been approved by AITEX - Report No.: 2020TM2347
What are the acceptance criteria for reusable hygienic masks?
The Spanish Association for Standardization, UNE, has published the UNE 0065 Specification, which establishes the minimum requirements that reusable hygienic masks for children and adults must meet, in terms of the materials that are used for its elaboration, preparation, marking and use. The Ministry of Health has participated in the preparation of the three UNE Specifications; Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism; Ministry of Consumption; Ministry of Labor and Social Economy; AEMPS; INSST; ICD; FENIN; AITEX; ASEPAL; IBV; COIIM; EURECAT; LEITAT and TEXFOR.
For the SINGLE-USE hygienic mask, which require greater parameters, the table of operating requirements would be as follows:
In the testing requirements for reusable hygienic masks, two values must be taken into account according to the tests of the UNE-EN 146863:2019 + AC:2019 standard
These tests must have been certified by a laboratory based on the technical specifications UNE-EN14683:2019+AC:2019, or another equivalent, our mask has been tested by AITEX.
Now that you have the values in the tables and for all those who ask us about the effectiveness of our reusable hygienic masks, we share with you our tests after having carried out the 10 washes, they are still effective:
What is the difference between a reusable hygienic mask and another where filters are incorporated?
We differentiate them by naming them as masks and/or covers to incorporate filters.
- The reusable hygienic mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin, must not have exhalation or inhalation valves and must be able to be washed according to the specifications of each manufacturer but always within the regulations. It is completely closed and is already prepared to be effective against COVID19. Inside it has a combination of fabrics that makes this protection total. In the end, the idea is to find the perfect combination of fabrics so that the mask is 100% effective. Inhaled air largely enters the mask through the multi-layer composite and reaches the nose and mouth area directly. Exhaled air is discharged via the same path directly into the ambient atmosphere.Many of you ask me if our MASKs are bidirectional and the answer is yes, because the "protective" fabrics are in both directions; you protect and it protects you
- The cover with filter slot is designed so that you can insert filters that you can find in pharmacies, which usually have a standard size of 12x8cm and are the ones that they will really give you the protection. The covers are washable at 60ºC and all you have to do is throw away the filters once used or follow the manufacturer's instructions. You'll have to be careful because for them to be effective you can't just use anything... We're seeing articles where they tell us that you can put kitchen paper, a vacuum cleaner filter... Be careful what you read!
1. Reusable hygienic linen mask dE.LENZO
- Mask with complete protection system
- Bacterial filtration efficiency 90.12% after 10 washes.
- Breathability 26 Pa/ cm2
- Outer fabric 100% washed linen with OEKO-TEX certificate
- You can't put your own filters on it.
- It can be washed up to 10 times according to UNE 0065 and 30 times according to CWA 17553:2020
- Available in various colors and sizes.
- They have black rubber bands with balls in sizes G or straps in sizes M
- Washable and reusable filter up to 10 washes at 60°C
- Suitable for our linen cover
- Tested by Aitex: Breathability 26 +/-2
- IBFE Bacterial Filtration Efficiency). (%). 94.16 +/- 2.45
How many times can I use the reusable dE.LENZO mask before washing it?
And here it is! The million dollar question.
A curious fact: When the masks enter the laboratory, they pass the tests specified above before and after a certain number of washes. 5 washes are determined to repeat the process again, but tests could continue until reaching the number where they cease to be effective. The high cost of the tests makes the manufacturers determine a few washes, although once the efficacy is assured at 5 washes, an attempt is made to pass the test of 10 washes and thus test error, test error...... Our linen mask is succeeding but it is still early to be sure.
So, according to the Ministry of Health:
"For reasons of comfort and hygiene, it is recommended not to use the mask for more than 4 hours. If it becomes damp or deteriorates due to use, it is recommended to replace it with another. The mask must be wash every time it gets dirty, wet or cannot be placed correctly on the face. The mask should not be used if it is dirty or wet. In the event that it is to be stored temporarily, contact with any surface should be avoided. Neither should be placed in a holding position on the forehead or under the chin during and after use"
At dE.LENZO, we are obliged to report any recommendation made by the Ministry of Health, but we choose to apply logic based on official statements. Our masks can be washed up to 10 times (in the case of the linen one)...Does it need to be washed every day? Does that mean it will only last me 10 days?
- It's not the same to put on a mask if you have a cold or you're sick than if you're 100% healthy and happy!
- Wearing a mask to go down to throw the garbage is not the same as wearing a mask to go to work on the subway or bus.
- Living in a town of 500 inhabitants is not the same as living in Madrid or Barcelona
- Use common sense...
So, when I have to wash it, how do I clean it properly?
Reusable hygienic masks must be able to be washed, according to the Ministry of Health, in three ways:
- Wash and disinfection with normal detergent and water at 60°c in a normal washing machine cycle.
- Immerse the masks in a 1:50 dilution of bleach with lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Then wash with soap and water and rinse well to remove any traces of bleach and allow to air dry, as the EN 0065 standard discourages the dryer.
- With any virucidal product authorized by the Ministry of Health for TP2
- Wash our LINEN masks at 60ºC in the washing machine
- You could also disinfect them in a bucket, mixing a 1:50 bleach solution (20ml of bleach + 980ml of water) with warm water for 30 minutes (WARNING, the linen could lose its color)
- Let the masks dry for at least 2H after washing. The N0065 standard discourages the use of a tumble dryer.
- If you detect any damage or deformation, you will have to throw it away
- Because they are so small in size, treat them with care to keep them pristine and iron them to shape.
How to put on a mask?
We have downloaded this image from the official page of the Ministry of Health that tells us how we should put on the mask if we are adults and if we are children:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or rub them with a hydroalcoholic solution before handling the mask.
- Position the mask on the face, at the height of the nose. If a nose clip is available, adjust it to the nose.
- Hold the mask from the outside and fasten the headgear behind it or on both sides of the ears, without crossing them.
- Lower the lower part of the mask to the chin. Check that the mask covers the chin.
- Once adjusted, do not touch the mask with your hands. If the user needs to touch the mask, they must first wash their hands with soap and water or rub them with a hydroalcoholic solution.
We have been shared a link from INCOEX (Extermadura Consumer Institute) where in a very graphic and didactic way, the Ministry of Consumer Affairs explains everything you need about masks. We share the link
We hope we have resolved all your doubts, but if you want more information you can write to email@example.com
Ventajas de dormir ...
Todos nos hemos acurrucado bajo nuestra funda nórdica en alguna noche fría. Es un lugar donde nos resguardamos de las bajas temperaturas para poder...Leer Más
Disfruta de un cáli...
Con la llegada del frío, la manta de lana se convierte en una de las mejores opciones para tener dentro de casa, no solo por la calidez que puede a...Leer Más
Prepara tu dormitor...
El cambio de estación pide a gritos un cambio de decoración, eso quiere decir que ha llegado el momento de preparar tu dormitorio para el otoño. Es...Leer Más